Here is some information about Valley Vets in Cardiff.
Name of Vets: Valley Vets Ltd
Address: New Valley Vets Hospital - Unit 2C, Gwaelod-y-garth, Cardiff. CF15 9AA.
Tel: 02920 529444
The group was established in the 1940's and has had a presence in Cardiff since the 1980s.
Avian & exotic vet Tariq Abou-Zahr BVSc CertAVP(ZooMed) DipECZM(Avian) MRCVS , formally at Great Western Exotics in Swindon, was the last resident of renowned avian vet Neil Forbes. Tariq is an EBVS® European Veterinary Specialist in Zoological Medicine (Avian Medicine & Surgery)
From Cardiff originally, he has recently moved to the practice and has a particular interest in avian and exotic animal cases, especially Parrots.
In July 2019, Valley Vets will open a brand new hospital a few minutes from J32 of the M4.
The new hospital will feature:
- An avian/exotic animal department within it there will be…
- Separate avian ward
- Individual kennels for Parrots with a ventilation extraction system to prevent cross contamination
- The ability to perform x-rays, CT scans and several inhouse diagnostic tests, endoscopy, nebulisation and many other avian veterinary services
- A dedicated avian and exotic animal operating theatre
- Dedicated avian/exotic animal waiting area and consulting rooms
- Separate exotic department away from barking dogs
- Dedicated avian/reptile ward including extracted kennels to minimise risk of disease spread
- Dedicated avian/exotic isolation ward
- CT Scanner, In-house lab, x-ray, ultrasound, endoscopy
Tariq will see both general practitioner avian cases as well as referrals from other veterinary practices.
Tariq is a member of the Association of Avian Veterinarians.
If you’d like to make an appointment with Valley Vets please use the links above.