Barbara Heidenreich answers your Parrot questions on Parrot behaviour problems.
Recently Dr Susan Clubb and Terry Timberlake organized a great bash for Parrot enthusiasts called The Rainforest Parrot Party. It was held in Florida and well attended by 400 Parrot loving people.
I was invited to participate too. But due to living 1000+ miles away, I had to attend virtually via Skype.
I answered questions about Parrot behaviour problems submitted by attendees.
I videotaped the entire session so that I could also share it with you!
Topics covered included:
- How to create motivation for food treats
- What to do if a Parrot is bonded to one person and showing aggressive behaviour to everyone else
- How to train a Parrot to be comfortable with nail trims and towel restraint
- What to do about screaming for attention
- Training a Parrot who will only poop in a basket to poop in his cage.
- Do Parrots make good pets?
- What to do if a Parrot bites when being returned to the cage
- Resources to help address feather damaging behaviour
- What to do if a Parrot tries to bite when you clean the cage
Here is the link.
Enjoy! Feel free to share the link with your friends!
Read more training and behaviour advice here.